Feng shui is an amazing technique to improve the balance of energy in your home while creating an environment of peace, serenity, and prosperity.
It focuses on properly aligning and perfecting various elements within your home to improve energy flow and balance. The hardest part of this for many people is actually implementing the feng shui principles necessary to get expected results.
Today, we give you 17 simple feng shui principles to be applied in almost every section of your home that will enable you to pinpoint what needs to be done so you can start on your feng shui journey.
So, let’s start redecorating.
1. Keep the kitchen table clean at all times. This is where you come together to eat, laugh and share stories, it should embody this spirit of family and positiveness even when not in use.
2. Don’t put a bedroom over a garage if you ever build or buy a house. The garage is considered to be the resting place for all your junk you have no time to sort out. You don’t need that chaotic energy right below you when its rest time.
3. No electronics in the bedroom, yes, not even your phone! This is going to be the hardest one for you to do, so these tips might not be so “simple” after all. But, electronics in your bedroom create a ton of physical and mental noise, which is not optimal for rest.
4. No clutter in your entryways. Clutter is one of the first things you want to start avoiding when practicing feng shui. It is counterproductive to achieving great results. Clear clutter from entryways by installing a small closet for coats, boots, and umbrellas.
5. Don’t place your bed in direct parallel to the door. Energy seeps in underneath and even through closed doors, you want to avoid this when at rest.
6. Don’t hang mirrors across from your front door. If any good energy comes in it will immediately be bounced back outside.
7. Your stove should always be clean. This is where you prepare food to nourish your body. It should be kept spotless to promote abundance and attract good fortune.
8. Overly bright colors are a no-no for kid’s rooms. We know you may want to go all out on the Sesame Street themed room for the little one, but bright colors are too energetic and do not promote rest and relaxation, which would be a nightmare for you.
9. Toss dead light bulbs where they belong. A blown light bulb represents dullness, lack of positive energy and no life. You don’t want this kind of aura in your home. Replace them asap.
10. Get leaky faucets fixed as soon as you finish reading this. According to feng shui gurus, leaky faucets represent very bad luck. It symbolizes loss and waste, which means you are leaking away your good luck and abundance. Get them fixed now!
11. If the bathroom is not in use, close the door. So, I think this means it should always be closed, whether you are in or out. Bathroom energy can be positive if you use the right colors and bring in feng shui plants to clean the air, but at the same time, it is not energy you want floating around the house.
12. Repaint as needed, not only at Christmas. Are your walls getting tired and dirty, then you need to get a fresh coat of paint on asap. You will feel so good afterward.
13. Get some feng shui indoor plants in those naked spots. You know, that one in the far corner of the living room you’ve been mulling over for the past year. A plant would be awesome there.
14. Keep your basement clean, organized and well-lit. We bet you’ve seen a scary movie where something evil always lurks in the basement (btw, that is basically every scary movie, ain’t it?) They only portray what we already know, darkness attracts negativity while light attracts good fortune and positive vibes.
15. Broken and damaged furniture, has to go! We know it was your grandmother’s father’s uncle’s step-mother’s handmade cabinet, but it’s been 100 years, its time to say goodbye. Broken furniture can serve as a metaphor for other things in your life that are broken and needs attention.
16. No family photos in your bedroom. This is the place where you get romantic with your partner and seeing pictures of your family and friends while doing that is just ewww, but more so, it might cause you to focus on your responsibilities allowing your mind and body to be distracted.
17. Fix squeaks, rattles, and shakes. It will be amazing the relief you feel when you don’t have to wake up scared at every squeak you hear in the middle of the night. This will give you peace of mind and eliminate fear, which is not an energy you want in your home.
Happy feng shui!